Sep 06 2007

Quick note from London

Published by at 6:43 pm under London

We are sitting in Heathrow, having just paid more than $10 for an hour of wifi. Lesson one: London is expensive. Actually, lesson one was don’t cross the street outside of a crosswalk. This was learned when Ben was nearly pancaked by a double-decker bus.

We had a nine-hour layover in London, so we decided to leave the airport to explore a little, without any particular destination. If today is any indication, this trip will be a challenge for us novice explorers. We mostly wandered around looking confused. Also, I had to ask, “Uh, how does this work?” an embarrassing number of times. Who knows how we’ll fare where they don’t speak English.

Will post more details (and pictures!) when we arrive at our final destination.

NEXT: Hello from Athens! »

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Quick note from London”

1. Abbyon 06 Sep 2007 at 6:58 pm

I’m so excited that you guys are starting your journey!! Aaannnd I’m even more excited abou hopefully coming to see you guys in Spain! Ricardo says to try to plan so that we’re there either before or after Hannukah. He says that new years in Spain is amazing so he wants us there for that – but really, it comes down to what you crazies can do. I’m excited! I love you!! :)

love, Abby

2. Allisonon 06 Sep 2007 at 7:02 pm

You were only out of the country for a matter of hours when Ben almost gets killed. GOD SPEED.

Love you guys!

3. Bobon 06 Sep 2007 at 8:55 pm

Dear Ben and Brit,
    Delight and i say…..BE SAFE!!!

Brit, maybe if you call Ben, “Big
    Ben”, people in London we be more hospitable to ya!!! (plus
    you could tell people you were
    named after their country, Britain!!)

just a thot!!!

love,
    b&d
    ps…some pix plz

4. Hunteron 07 Sep 2007 at 3:44 pm

WOOHOO! The trip is on! Also, did you know that super muscles are coming soon?

5. Benon 10 Sep 2007 at 10:01 am

Hunter: finally, I will be able to take down you and Woods, if only I can save up the $$! P.S. Brittany reiterates that we are not longer allowed to speak.

6. Sciencemelon 11 Feb 2008 at 7:15 pm

I’m guessing you faired better when you hit countries that don’t speak english. I moved to Edinburgh 7 years ago and thought, and I quote, “It can’t be that bad, at least I speak the language.”

I should have known better. At least I’m almost fluent now and can drive on the wrong side of the road.

Keep up the good work!